Saturday, June 23, 2007

"me" time

today was pretty wonderful. i slept in 'til 10am (normally i wake to my 6:50am alarm). i can't tell you how yummy it was, waking up naturally like that. it's a good thing, too - because i think i got home around 2am. let's just say i had a late night craving...

friday night was my final counseling session. i was super early, so i went across the street to fred meyer and wandered around. they had lots of sales going on. i ended up in the jewelry store, though. i tried some rings on, just for fun. mmm, sparkly! *teehee* i hadn't eaten anything, so i bought a strawberry yogurt smoothie and headed to my appointment. it was a great "wrap-up" session. we just reviewed the past year and she asked me lots of questions. kinda felt like i was back in school, taking an oral exam. the end of the session arrived and we parted ways. that was hard. she's seen me through a really devastating year. i will miss talking to her.

the night was still young! i returned to fred meyer. yeah, i guess i am a dork. it was fun though! i purchased some things i needed. i also purchased some really huge sunglasses. yep, that's right folks...i have joined the big sunglasses masses. it's a sad statement to make, but it's true. frankly (i am going to get that officially changed to "jimly" - that's sounds much better, IMO), i think the massive sunglasses epidemic is ridiculous. they have become one big eye-roll for me. buuuut, i have to say....for someone as sensitive to light as i am - they are FABulous! so, yeah. i bought them. they were on sale.

so back to my story... last night, i was up pretty late. it was sooo fun to stay up late, knowing i could sleep in the next day. i ended up doing something spontaneous. that was really fun. i think i left my place sometime around 12:30am. i was totally giddy! anyway, i ran a little "errand" and succumbed to a late-night (early morning?) craving. okay, it was denny's. there was a location right next to the freeway on-ramp, so i stopped for a super bird. mmmm... i gobbled it on the way home. man, i was TIRED...

i got up around 10am, got ready and left for bellevue. here i am, in my new HUGE sunglasses, yapping on the phone with my best gal pal, shallyn...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

once in bellevue, i stopped at the deseret bookstore and purchased a beautiful journal. then i went around the corner and ate at my favorite little indian restuarant. they have a rockin' lunch buffet for only $9. YUUMMM! it was so pleasant, sitting there, writing in my new journal and eating my food. i was actually doing more writing than eating. next thing i knew, i had written five pages and my food was cold. oops! that's the great thing about buffets, though - i could just get more warm food! here's a pic of my delectable indian food and that beautiful new journal...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

i didn't finish my cold food...but i did finish a third bowl of rice pudding (that stuff is supposed to be cold)! as i paid my bill, i talked to the waiter about the music they were playing. there was this one song that i fell in love with! it's called "deewana" by sonu nigam. what a beautiful song. i asked him what it was about - it's a love song. i kinda already knew that, though...it sounds like one.

i left the restaurant and went to the 3pm session at the temple. i lingered for as long as i possibly could, before returning home. it was so beautiful outside, when i walked out of the temple. of course, i took some pictures...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

i got home just in time to change my clothes, "prep" the house for the children's return, then head to seattle to pick them up. it is so nice to have them back with me. i missed them. i always miss them when they go. buuuuut, i LOVE my "me" time! no doubt!!

No comments: