Wednesday, June 13, 2007

a fly went by...

i have been chasing a fly around my apartment for the past half hour. i swear, this thing either has an extreme case of adhd or it's high on something. perhaps it's the latter, because it happened to fly up from my downstairs neighbor's place and breezed right on through my door, just as we were heading out this evening. now, when i say "neighbor" i don't mean the sweet old lady who lives below me. i am talking about the hoodlums diagonal of me. they are always lighting something up, down there. anyway, i digress. so - i saw this fly (which is the size of texas, by the way) fly into my apartment just as the door closed behind me. grrrrreat. i big part of me wanted to open the door back up and go kill it immediately. flies are gross. they are nasty, dirty and annoying. ugh, as i type this, the darn thing is zipping about and giving me the heebie jeebies. yes, i said heebie jeebies. what are you going to do about it?

i need to buy a fly swatter. as the fly flew past me for the hundredth time, i grabbed the first available swatting device...my daughter's plastic homework folder, rolled up tight. that didn't fare too well. i tell ya, this thing is just too dang fast. to the fly, i probably look like those guys in the matrix....you know, doing the slo-mo thang. nice.

just the sound of this big, fat, dirty fly is giving me goosebumps. yes, goosebumps the size of TEXAS. that's right, folks. i'll be here all night...

No comments: